Saturday, April 12, 2008

Depressing post time.

What do you do when your fun past-time is also your greatest source of disappointment...

I DNF'd the Beanpot road race today after only 26 miles (79 total). I wasn't paying attention and was stalking the rear of the field when someone hit the front hard on a roller and I got stuck behind the shrapnel of the attack. I spent several miles dangling off the front, hurting pretty hard, before I decided I was done. And I later decided I'm done with the collegiate season. There's no way I'm going to make the progression I need in 2 weeks to competently race 102 miles in NH.

I can't make myself go fast and I can't make it hurt the way it should. Something isn't right. Even though I'm not in cycling shape yet, my legs constantly feel burnt. But how can it be overtraining when I'm not even doing that much? I can't even walk up a flight of stairs without my legs getting fatigued. Ugh.

I'm going to get my blood tested this week, I feel. I hope something simple is wrong (like slight anemia), because the alternative means I need to take some time off.

Additionally, I don't have a team this summer. I contacted the NorEast people and found out that they never received my application or race resume. They have since finalized the roster. However, given my current cycling impotence, I'm almost relieved that I don't have any obligations to the season.

No comments: