Saturday, May 3, 2008

Cool New Things

Last night Steve and I headed down to camp out at T-town for the annual spring swap meet. Items on the wish list included a 10spd rear hub for my future 'cross tubulars, aero bars for my track pursuit setup, and possibly an aero front wheel (Hed H3 or similar).

Overall the swap was decent and there were some deals to be had, but I ultimately don't know if it was worth all the trouble of driving 3 hours each way. Although I got to use my new tent, which was cool. Unfortunately, there wasn't all that much track-specific gear at the sale- most of the merch was geared toward the rather significant hipster crowd present. I wasn't really in the market for a purple anodized stem. There was even a booth with pamphlets/guides about "fixed gear freestyling." I didn't come back with much, but I did score one great deal: a set of Easton Attack TT bars.

These bars apparently retail for $490...I paid $150. Sure they're used and don't have arm pads, but that's nothing a carefully cut mousepad can't take care of. Long story short, though...they make the track bike look amazing.

No comments: