Saturday, May 10, 2008

Decisions

So next weekend is both the Syracuse Race Weekend AND the Highland Hex 6 Hour Enduro MTB race. Which one should I do?

Syracuse Race Weekend:
Pros: Opportunity to see how I stack up at this point, possibility of upgrade points, good training for future racing like Fitchburg, getting used to long road races.

Cons: I got crashed out in the crit last year, I'd only be racing like 10-15 guys. Long road races are boring.

Highland Hex Enduro:
Pros: Low pressure, probably a ton of fun, new kind of racing, probably amazing training for longer racing (it's still time spent on a bike, after all)

Cons: 6 hours of off-road riding is probably super intense, I'll be a total newbie and probably look stupid in some way, my body will probably be super beat-up since I'll be riding a hardtail (albeit a titanium one)

I think I'm leaning towards the dirt...

1 comment:

Cogburner said...

You made the right choice!