Thursday, November 1, 2007

The week.

As has been the case for the past month or two, this week has again been pretty casual. ANY WEEK NOW(!) I'll start it up again...Fitchburg is only 8 months away, after all.

Tuesday involved squeezing in 40 minutes of ghetto-cross in the plantations and around Beebe Lake before I had to proctor exams from 5:30-9pm. In an effort to not miss the stellar Tuesday night programming on Fox, I volunteered to proctor exams for students who get extended time. In the process of riding, however, I managed to surprise an Indian guy taking photographs of his extremely pregnant and shirtless wife(?) . Uncomfortable.

Yesterday I rollerskied for an hour or so in the plantations and around Forest Home. I kind of remember why I like skiing, but I also am beginning to remember that I haven't done anything with my upper body for the past 8 months. My arms and core definitely need some time to adjust to providing more than just static support and the rare celebratory gesture. Once I build my own rollerskis perhaps I'll put on faster wheels and pretend I'm already that much stronger. [Yes, I will be manufacturing rollerskis at the machine shop. Gone are the days of paying $300 for two 1.5 foot aluminum shafts with cutouts for overpriced wheels. Join the revolution.]

Today I was looking for some lengthier cross riding as I planned to head up to Swan's to use his trails, but a leaf-covered root and pinch flat felled my efforts several miles in. Being prepared as I am, I was carrying neither tube nor patch kit along with my mini pump. So I got a lot of practice shouldering and running with the bike on my 4 mile journey home. Always try to make the best out of easily avoidable unfortunate situations.

In other news, the #5 Tandem Track Sprint team in the nation combined once again for glory...this time in the jersey design competition for the new Cornell kits. To be unveiled in the spring of 2008 in ECCC action, expect to see some slight variant upon this design...sponsors may vary.


1 comment:

linnea said...

trade you some rollerskis for some spandex..